4 ounces white whole-wheat flour (about 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup plain yellow cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 cup light sour cream
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
1/2 cup diced yellow squash
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 medium tomato, chopped
1. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
2. Combine sour cream, eggs, and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Add sour cream mixture and corn to flour mixture; stir just until combined.
3. Heat a large nonstick griddle over medium-high heat.
4. Divide corn mixture into 8 equal portions (about 1/3 cup each); shape into patties. Add patties to griddle; cook 6 minutes on each side.
5. Combine squash, green onions, basil, vinegar, tomato, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl; toss. Place 2 corn cakes on each of 4 plates; top evenly with salsa.