- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. water
- ¾ cup teff flour or whole wheat works too
- 2 cups broccoli floret, cooked, chopped small
- 2 scallions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped small
- 2 Tblsp. Canola oil
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, water and a little salt. Beat with a fork to make an egg wash. Set aside. Fill a second bowl with breadcrumbs.
- Slice chicken breast halves into thin cutlets. You should get about 3 thin cutlets out of one breast half. Pound them to make them thinner if you wish. This helps when you wrap the chicken.
- Place chopped scallions and garlic on each piece of chicken. Top with a little broccoli. Wrap chicken around to completely cover ingredients using toothpicks to secure. Season with a little salt.
- Dip chicken into egg wash, then teff flour. Lightly grease cookie sheet with oil and place chicken on cookie sheet. Lightly drizzle some oil over chicken and bake about 25 minutes, until cooked. Remove from oven and let cool to room temp. Serve and Enjoy!
Chefs note: Teff flour has numerous benefits which include its ability to help with weight loss, increase circulation, improve bone health, support growth, boost immune system, aid with celiac disease and improve heart health. Start incorporating this super grain in your diet today!